Pages

Wait and see

Tuesday, November 2, 2010
        So yesterday I braved the 405 to Wilshire Blvd. I forget how crazy it gets over there but it was worth it I dont think I ever went to a Hospital where when you walked down the hall to the medical rooms there is a big framed article that reads Americas best hospital award. Its pretty amazing and I think sometimes I forget I live in Los Angeles regardless if my medical insurance some of the best doctors work here. The Dr I saw yesterday was great he spent a very long time with us answering all of our questions and even laughing at one or two of Johns bad jokes. 
       The outcome to this appointment was a better understanding of treatment plans. He thinks that it is NOT a RCC  and in his professional opinion he thinks it is still a benign pituitary tumor. So that being the case I will be put on a medication called CabergolineThis medication is used to treat high levels of prolactin hormone in your body. It should restore my pituitary dysfunction and get me back to normal. Now this medicine is suppose to shrink prolactin secreting tumors therefor If that is the type of tumor that I have it should shrink and I might not need a surgery. I will be taking Cabergoline twice a week and slowly raising the dose for about three months after that 3 months I will go back to UCLA and get another more thorough MRI. Now if the tumor is not a prolactinoma it will show up in the MRI and it will look no different. If that is the case then they will go ahead and operate using Endo-nasal Endoscopic Surgery. 
My brain is tired...

3 comments

barbara said...

i'm so glad. {{{vania}}}

saratan182 said...

I will be hoping,wishing and dreaming that the medication will shrink it. Love you.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you have to go through all this medical BS. I know how you feel. Let me know if you need to talk or anything. It's been really hard to talk to people about what's going on with me for a few different reasons but it's also hard to keep it all inside, so if you need to let yours out, I'm here.