Pages

Happy New Year

Friday, December 31, 2010
2011 is almost here and everyone is thinking of their New Year’s Resolutions. What is mine? Well I have been trying to make more time for the things I love I think that when I took on being a mother I lost myself for awhile I was so focused on being mom. That is OK to a certain extent but I have realized that my life was off balance. I had been unhappy with myself because I had lost myself completely. I even would call myself the maid because every day it was tending to the kids, cleaning house, making Dinner and at the end of the night the house looked like I didn't even clean at all and the next morning it was the same thing all over and over again. So my focus this year will be on taking more time for myself and doing the things I really enjoy doing. I recently have been making these skirts for Marley and my nieces. My sister in law Mary has been encouraging me to do more with them like maybe try putting them in a boutique. She sincerely has been supportive with my photography and my sewing. And I couldn’t thank her enough for that.My two best buds Rachel and Pam also always have sweet words for me and I don't think they will ever know how much it means to me. Love you gals!
Before I was a mother I was in design school and wanted to be a clothes designer. I was going to El Camino and when I realized that I was not about being cut throat and into myself like they tell you what the Fashion Industries is about I stopped going. I was not happy there and as much as I would love to have the degree it’s not about that for me anymore. I do not want to be some huge fashion mogul I just want to be creative. Same goes as my Photography I just want to take pictures and if I can have a few happy clients I would be in bliss. I took photography in High School and I will never forget what my photography teacher said to us..."Do not do photography for a living you won’t make any money". What the f*** who says that? Well my Del Norte High School photography teacher does. And unfortunately I listen to her and what she said stuck with me. And even though I took classes in college for photography her voice echoed in my head. It’s not a career don’t do it just make it a hobby. Well it’s taken me over 10 years to stop thinking her way. Why can’t I do photography why can’t I make clothes? I think that there are a lot of people out there like me. A love for art but don’t have the confidence to jump in and go for it.
So what do I really want? Well... I want to be a good mother, wife, do my part in help keeping our earth stay green I want to share photography and my creativity with people who would enjoy it. So what are my goals? If I could pick one word it would have to be happiness.