Pages

Fair

Saturday, September 24, 2011


Yesterday after my MRI and all the driving I was drained and needed something else to think about. I have felt overly stressed about the results of this MRI and I am tired of the worry I will be receiving the results in a few days and then I can spend time to worry but until then I need to get back to living. So today I woke up to a cool overcast day which is exactly perfect for taking a nice stroll down to the Richmond Street Fair. 

Richmond street is one of the prettiest areas in town the street is lined with lush green trees old brick buildings oozing with history and charm it is one of the main reasons I enjoy living here. A vendor that I have seen before at the hometown fair was there her booth decorated in old vintage linens always draws me in. She repurposes old trinkets and vintage jewelry and creates wonderful new pieces. She had a dish of miscellaneous for a $1 a piece Marley picked out this beautiful butterfly necklace that I will have to borrow from her.


I found some really cute faux earrings and a bracelet that reminds me of Wilma Flinstones necklace. She has an etsy shop and is from El Segundo click here to check out her jewelry. I really enjoy meeting creative people like her she is in my view living a dream of mine being able to do what you love as well as making people happy by giving them something special and one of a kind.




It makes me motivated to work on my fall/winter project. This year my main goal was to use my free time to work on my re-purposed skirts and get my etsy shop back up. My sister in law Mary has said time and time again that I need to get on it and start making enough to have a booth and sell them. So this winter I will be creating as many as I can for next spring. I am excited and have a goal in place and gives me something to look forward to.


Marley in one of my skirts
 

2 comments

Insa said...

Vania, this is awesome gives me a desire to finally push my creative line of clothing.Is never too late.

funky junk mama said...

Vania, lovely to meet you and Marley!! Thank you for visiting the fair. Your skirts are adorable!! Hope you can make them in "big" girl sizes too!!