Pages

Petersburg in the rain/ 15 Small Adventures

Saturday, May 6, 2017
Back in January we were on the east coast for a few days around my birthday I wanted to march and document The Women's March on Washington. I will never regret that decision it was a wonderful experience.
We drove up the day before the March from North Carolina with Marley, Rory, John my husband and my mother in law who is actually a pretty good driver(thanks Barbara). She asked if we wanted to stop anywhere and when I saw the sign on the highway for Historical Petersburg I said sure lets stop in Petersburg kind of a spur of the moment decision which are my favorite. It had been raining and drizzling all day but we were considered lucky that the temp wasn't colder as it typically can be that time of year. The town was dead streets mostly empty kind of perfect for pictures I was shooting with a borrowed Mamiya 7 which is a great camera to shoot with but I do not think I did a great job framing buildings. It was slightly difficult not to get the camera wet and I was kind of trying to make it quick that's my excuse haha. I know I need lots of time to get the shots I want but I really just wanted to test this camera out so Im ok with these photos enough to post them here.
 So Petersburg stays on the list I will definitely have to revisit in the future and shoot again till then...
Here are some photos of Petersburg shot with the first run of Cinestill800 for medium format shot in the  Mamiya7 w/ a  80mm lens.


Petersburg in the Rain

Petersburg in the Rain

Petersburg in the Rain

Petersburg in the Rain

Petersburg in the Rain

No comments